The Underwriting and Claims Strategy team are looking for an experienced underwriting professional to join the team as a Development Underwriter. The role will involve working alongside key areas of the business to enhance underwriting processes and philosophy and deliver projects in line with business priorities. This is a wide and varied role suiting an innovative, self- motivated and technically expert underwriting professional looking for a new challenge in a fast paced environment.
You will be involved in:
• Supporting proposition and product development in line with business priorities
• Developing underwriting and claims philosophy and practice for AIG Life in line with industry best practice and AIG Life goals to be innovative, technology focussed and forward thinking
• Designing, coding and testing expert underwriting system rules to evolve the system, maximise STP rates, improve customer journeys and streamline processes
• Monitoring and investigating industry and medical advancements and how these can be applied to underwriting processes
• Using data and other resources to perform analysis, summarise findings and present to stakeho...
Before you apply, we encourage you to learn more about AIG
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture
embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone
belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.
Articles you might like
AIG Supporting Women in Sports
AIG are proud to support 20x20, a new initiative based in Ireland that celebrates women’s and girls’ sports and encourages an increase in...
• Using data and other resources to perform analysis, summarise findings and present to stakeholders
• Providing support, guidelines and training for Customer Services Underwriters and Claims Assessors
• Underwriting complex cases where required
You will report to the Underwriting & Claims Strategy Manager and be based in the Reigate office.
Who are we looking for?
• Innovative and motivated individual; able to drive and lead internal projects with experience of suggesting and feeding into process improvements
• Experienced underwriting professional with excellent technical underwriting knowledge and expertise across a range of protection products; high level of industry knowledge and a finger on the pulse of changes
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; confidence to liaise with other business areas and external parties
• Ability to analyse data and other resources, summarise findings and present to stakeholders
• Can do attitude and flexibility; able to manage and prioritise fluctuating workloads to deliver key business goals in line with deadlines
• Rule writing, configuration or testing experience is desirable but not essential
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission " creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.