IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Life Limited Key Deliverables Reporting to: Business Intelligence Team Leader
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within AIG Life's Management Information team for a Data Engineer. AIG Life Limited is the UK life insurance business of AIG (American International Group), one of the world's largest insurance companies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining an enterprise data warehouse as well as supporting business intelligence applications.
The successful candidate will need to have a solid understating of relational databases (OLAP & OLTP), as well as possess excellent communication skills, have an analytical approach to problem solving coupled with the ability to identify and interpret patterns and trends in data.
The successful candidate must also:
- Quickly integrate in to a fast paced team.
- Be highly analytical and have an excellent grasp of data warehousing (ETL).
- Be able to clearly translate business and technical specifications.
- Develop and amend existing MI reporting in accordance with business requirements.
- Liaising with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Communicate clearly and effectively about technical and non-technical subjects. It may also be necessary to communicate with external suppliers and/or partners.
Designing and deploying ETL solutions.
- Database monitoring and tuning.
- Test and reconcile data between source and enterprise data warehouse.
- Create, manage and maintain SSIS projects and packages.
- Create, manage and maintain reports and dashboards using SSRS and Power BI.
- Create, manage and maintain SSAS projects.
Technical Skills and Expertise
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills essential in order to effectively communicate to the business and understand their requirements and or issues.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Analytical, problem-solver who is able to quickly & accurately identify the cause of issues and suggest quality solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in high pressured situations.
- Takes full ownership and responsibility for delivery of assigned tasks in agreed timescales.
- Able and willing to work unsocial hours from time to time in order to provide the required service to our customers.
Proven experience as a SQL Developer/Tester (industry experience preferred).
- Advanced SQL skills, including the creation complex queries (e.g. nested SQL statements, recursive CTEs, etc.).
- Dimensional Modelling.
- Microsoft BI Stack - advanced T-SQL, SSIS (with BIML), SSAS (Tabular), SSRS, Power
- BI and DAX.
- Knowledge or waterfall and/or agile methodologies (including all stages of software development).
- Oracle SQL Developer and Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Data modelling.
- Job schedulers (i.e. creating, implementing and maintaining jobs using SQL Agent or equivalent).
- Microsoft SharePoint.
- VB.NET/VBA scripting.
- Team City.
- Experience in Erwin DG and Snowflake desireable.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.