AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Life Limited
- The Actuarial team at AIG Life is led by the Chief Actuary and covers Reporting, Modelling, Capital, Research and Actuarial Projects.
- The Finance team is led by the CFO and incorporates the Actuarial team as well as Pricing, Reinsurance, Value Management, and the core Finance team.
- The Actuarial Analyst will work within the Reporting team and will have the opportunity to rotate into other teams at c.18-24 month intervals to build experience of a broad range of actuarial roles.
- Study support toward the actuarial exams will be provided with this role and the Actuarial Analyst will be assigned a mentor to oversee the development of their WBS/PPD requirements.
- Assist in the production and analysis of regular actuarial reports including for UK GAAP, US GAAP and EV
- Monitor the quality of data used in the valuation and facilitate the resolution process
- Assist in the analysing and reporting to management on the movements in embedded value of the business and the recommended actions to maximise value
- Assist in the monitoring and analysing of the profitability of new business to advise on changes required to pricing to meet profitability targets
- Assist in the development of model office capabilities, in particular for new products and regulatory developments - this may include making and testing changes to models, stress testing new assumptions and providing a clear audit trail of work
- Provide support in report writing for Board, Senior Leadership Team, Technical Steering Committee and Model Control Committee meetings
- Assist the Reporting Actuary in monitoring and understanding the implications of developments in UK GAAP, US GAAP and EV reporting
- Provide support for year-end and interim audits
- Support the wider Actuarial team as and when required
Thepost-holder will receive training in the use of Mo.Net (actuarial / cash flow projection modelling software), SQL, Oracle data warehouse and other tools as appropriate.
The Actuarial Analyst will be expected to take ownership for their work and continually look for ways to optimise and improve efficiency. Principal Skills
AIG seeks candidates who have excelled in previous work experience, demonstrated outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement, possess strong analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills, and are enthusiastic about and committed to the insurance industry.
Other important skills include:
Technical Skills and Expertise
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team, under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Previous experience working with Excel or SQL is an advantage
- The Actuarial Analyst would normally be expected to have a 2.1 degree in a numerate subject. At a minimum, the applicant should meet the requirements to gain admission to the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries as a student member.
- The role is based in London
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.