Job Title: AI Architecture Specialist
We are seeking an AI Architecture Specialist who will envision and inform our superlative product and technology portfolio as Roll-Royce looks to apply advanced data analytics, industrial Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to accelerate the development of new data insights, services and apps.
In this role, you'll actively influence and drive a globally distributed, technical teams populated with subject domain and business experts. Thought hands on participation with the participation teams you will define, embed, promote and execute AI, big data and advanced analytics strategies that will underpin our re-imagined products.
You will be mashing together external customer data sources with enterprise systems, harnessing the latest in Agile, DevOps tools, techniques and platforms. You will be able to demonstrate a strong technical background (most likely you will have been a lead developer) and be able to delivery hands on technical experience in a majority of the following:, FPGA architectures, IOT frameworks, distributed and multi-cloud architectures, AI Spark Framework, R, Python and Hadoop.
R² Data Labs is a key component of the Rolls-Royce's Innovation Hub. It is tasked with developing emerging and innovation technologies through early stages of discovery, development and build. The new technologies will drive efficiency into our products and services to ensure that engineering across the group remains at a quality worthy of the Rolls-Royce name. The Innovation Hub will spearhead our technological and strategic responses to electrification and digitalisation, as well as ensuring that the technologies underpinning our core products and services remain world class.
At Rolls-Royce, we embrace the exciting and dynamic world of artificial intelligence and data science. We value a hands-on multi-disciplinary application of machine-learning and increasingly deep-learning.Responsibilities:
Experience & Qualifications:
- With a customer focused approach, re-imagined solutions and implement AI and big data princes to deliver business value.
- Accelerate the design, build and deployment of on-stream data assets and machine learning & deep learning capabilities.
- Thought hands on technical participation with the project teams, provide mentoring and advise to the AI specialists
- Create, maintain and refine a library of architecture blueprints and Roadmaps to act as accelerators for business and technology services.
- Guide the customer, stakeholders, Rolls-Royce IT and service providers on a journey from requirements capture through design, build to implementation.
- Drive the AI architectural patterns that will guide and inform our key engineering, data, analytics tools, techniques and platforms.
- Undertake cost/benefit analysis during project scoping and solutions design to ensure R² deliver business value and return on investment.
- Ability to deliver hands on technical assistance and guidance in a range of technologies including: AI frameworks, Data analysis, Software development, IOT frameworks, distributed and multi-cloud architectures, back-end integration, web services and Cloud interfacing
- Manage and challenge key stakeholders to deliver a technology roadmap that underpins current and future business capabilities, managing refinements and expectations to the plan as required.
- Ability to prioritise competing opportunities, balance market needs with business strategies and priorities, manage trade-offs and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
- At least a BSc in a STEM related subject ideally a relevant computer science discipline or equivalent
The role is based primarily in London. As the AI Architecture Specialist, you will be required to undertake international and UK travel to our key footprint locations.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer an enduring legacy. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.Beyond tomorrow
We are an equal opportunities employer. We're committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we'll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here .
At Rolls-Royce we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.Opening Date:
6 August 2019Closing Date:
5 September 2019Job Category
Information Technology Posting Date
06 Aug 2019; 00:08