AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Service Branch) & American International Group UK Ltd
Actuarial professionals with expertise in quantitative analysis, insurance pricing, loss reserving, and risk quantification are integral to AIG's success. We have dedicated Finance Actuaries that play a critical role in assessing the reserve need and thereby ensuring strong financial condition of AIG's insurance operating companies around the world. Our Portfolio Analytics and Pricing Actuaries focus on directly supporting AIG's businesses and are responsible for technical pricing, product development analytics, performance monitoring and measurement, as well as assessment of reinsurance needs. This team also works with marketing, operations, and financial management to achieve AIG's business objectives.
The primary responsibility of this role is leading the pricing actuarial platform supporting AIG's Property businesses across UK and Europe. This key role will be highly visible, as you will have the opportunity to interact with and advise senior management. We are looking for an individual who is internally motivated, intellectually curious, has the ability to manage multiple projects, and is driven to enhance existing processes.Duties:
Technical Skills and Expertise
- As part of the regional Property management team, this individual will provide actuarial advice and data driven insights that will support underwriting decisions.
- Support the development, alignment, and execution of portfolio strategies, working with regional and international product line leaders and regional underwriting teams located across Europe.
- Management responsibilities of a team of pricing actuaries.
- Lead the development, calibration, and implementation of first-in-class rating and portfolio management tools.
- Develop actuarial reports to help business effectively manage existing portfolios.
- Work closely with underwriting, reserving actuaries, claims department, and cat modelling/risk aggregation to identify insights that will be used to improve risk classification and optimize risk aggregation.
- Individual account pricing on large accounts and schemes.
- Ability to communicate actuarial concepts to non-specialists.
- Candidates with several years of relevant actuarial experience preferred
- Candidates with product experience strongly preferred
- Preference for a credentialed member of a recognized actuarial society.
- Proven proficiency in actuarial pricing concepts/methodologies
- Degree in Mathematics or related discipline.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Expertise in Excel, VBA, SAS, R, or other programming languages.
- Strong business and collaboration skills, and responsive to service needs and operational demands.
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
The role will be based in our London office and is paying a competitive salary and benefits. The closing date for applications is 3rd October 2019.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.