Actuarial Associate - Brussels Job Code:
1165996 Skill Band:
Permanent Date Posted:
10 Feb 2020 Actuarial Associate Brussels About Us
The Future at Lloyd's - Sharing Risk to Create A Braver World
Lloyd's is the world's leading insurance and reinsurance marketplace. Through the collective intelligence and risk-sharing expertise of the market's underwriters and brokers, Lloyd's helps to create a braver world.
The Lloyd's market provides the leadership and insight to anticipate and understand risk, and the knowledge to develop relevant, new and innovative forms of insurance for customers globally.
Lloyd's Brussels is a newly established company that will play an important part of Lloyd's European Market Access strategy for both the insurance and reinsurance business in the EU/EEA.
It will allow Lloyd's to remain actively engaged with the market and ensure that Lloyd's Brussels is an effective solution for the market to carry on business without interruption when the UK leaves the EU.
Lloyd's Brussels Finance is at the heart of the insurance business, leading the financial & capital management, analysis and reporting to securely fulfil all statutory requirements and add commercial insight & value. The Role
The role is a general actuarial analyst role within the team and is expected to involve work across the main focus of the team reserving, reporting and capital modelling. The role will cover all actuarial work required to support this significant Insurance company. What Will You Do?
What You'll Need
- Review and validation of data used in actuarial modelling and reporting
- Undertake the actuarial aspects of the Solvency II quarterly and annual reporting, Belgian GAAP reporting and other local repowering as required.
- Undertake the reserving requirements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis across the Lloyd's Brussels book of business, on best estimate and Belgian GAAP bases as required
- Support the Actuarial Manager in the determining of assumptions and the building of reserving processes
- Undertake and develop processes to calculate the capital requirements under Solvency II Standard Formula
- Undertake capital projections to support the work of Business planning and ORSA
- Undertake work to support analysis of surplus, premiums earning patterns and other actuarial tasks through the calendar
- Undertake actuarial work for the local Lloyd's branches in Europe
- Undertake ad-hoc actuarial work to support projects as required
- Knowledge of the actuarial techniques involved in non-life insurance
- Knowledge of various IT tools including Excel, Access, Word and databases. Res-Q experience a distinct advantage.
- Experience in non-life insurance work, preferably across a range of work areas (in particular reserving, capital modelling).
- Experience in delivering complex work output, including supervising work, and communicating this to an audience.
- Lloyds Market, European reserving experience is a distinct advantage.
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, an enviable range of benefits.
- Member in good standing of a recognized actuarial organization.
- From the UK Institute & Faculty perspective, a good track record of passing actuarial exams, at least the first set of exams completed (CTs). Significant study support is provided to enable good exam progress.
To apply, please visit www.lloyds.com
We are committed to flexible working, therefore if you would like to consider this as a part-time opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Lloyd's we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of equality and diversity. We use ClearTalents to discover how we might help you feel welcomed, supported and able to do as well as you can when applying to work for us, including identifying any reasonable adjustments that we may need to make. Should you feel that you require reasonable adjustments during your application process we request that you please follow this link to create a ClearTalents user profile: