Actuarial Associate Job Code:
1149836 Skill Band:
United Kingdom - London Type:
Permanent Date Posted:
9 Oct 2019
Actuarial Associate (1149836) About Us
The Future at Lloyd's - Sharing Risk to Create A Braver World
Lloyd's is the world's leading insurance and reinsurance marketplace. Through the collective intelligence and risk-sharing expertise of the market's underwriters and brokers, Lloyd's helps to create a braver world.
The Lloyd's market provides the leadership and insight to anticipate and understand risk, and the knowledge to develop relevant, new and innovative forms of insurance for customers globally.
It offers the efficiencies of shared resources and services in a marketplace that covers and shares risks from more than 200 territories, in any industry, at any scale.
It promises a trusted, enduring partnership built on the confidence that Lloyd's protects what matters most: helping people, businesses and communities to recover in times of need.
Lloyd's began with a few courageous entrepreneurs in a coffeeshop. Three centuries later, the Lloyd's market continues that proud tradition, sharing risk in order to protect, build resilience and inspire courage everywhere.The Role
The role is a general actuarial associate role within the team and is expected to involve work across the main focus of the team reserving and capital modelling. The role will cover syndicate-specific reviews and also the central work undertaken to give Lloyd's view of market reserves and capital, both at a global level and for specific international license territories.What Will You Do?
What You'll Need
- The work in the department covers a number of key areas. As an actuarial associate you would be expected to support various aspects of the work undertaken by the team, these could comprise:
- Review and validation of data returns received by Lloyd's
Undertake and review as part of the Lloyd's annual projection exercise by carrying out market level projections for a number of classes of business
- Review of other Lloyd's returns including SAOs, AFRs as well as reserving and capital data returns
- Assist in production of returns and guidance to be provided to the market
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative review of syndicate SCRs and their validation
- Undertake Parameterisation and running of the Lloyd's internal capital model
- Processing/analysing data and outputs of the Lloyd's internal capital model
- Interpreting results and producing MI from the Lloyd's internal capital model, including supporting uses of the model
- Undertake actuarial work for the application and maintenance of Lloyd's international licenses
- Undertake ad-hoc investigations into syndicate-specific or thematic aspects which arise as part of Lloyd's market oversight
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, an enviable range of benefits.
- Working with People
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Applying expertise and technology
- Adapting and responding to change
- Creating and innovating
- Entrepreneurial and creative thinking
- Results Orientation
To apply, please visit www.lloyds.com
We are committed to flexible working, therefore if you would like to consider this as a part-time opportunity, please email email@example.com
At Lloyd's we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of equality and diversity. We use ClearTalents to discover how we might help you feel welcomed, supported and able to do as well as you can when applying to work for us, including identifying any reasonable adjustments that we may need to make. Should you feel that you require reasonable adjustments during your application process we request that you please follow this link to create a ClearTalents user profile: