AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Life Limited Job Highlights
AIG Life Ltd is an innovative UK-based protection provider initially established as Fortis Life Ltd in 2008 and subsequently acquired by AIG in 2014. We provide term assurance, critical illness and income protection products via intermediaries and through our distribution partners
Actuarial professionals have a pivotal role in driving the results at AIG, and are integral to AIG's success with their expertise in quantitative analysis, insurance pricing, reserving, and risk quantification.
The Actuarial team is led by the Chief Actuary and works with many other areas across the business including the Sales & Marketing, Underwriting, Risk and Finance teams Reporting to: Head of Capital & ALM
- The Capital & ALM team at AIG Life is led by the Head of Capital & ALM and works closely with the Reporting, Modelling, & Reinsurance teams within AIG Life and with Treasury & Asset Management teams in the wider AIG Group.
- The Actuarial Analyst will support the Head of Capital & ALM in a wide range of Solvency II, Internal Capital, Liquidity and ALM work. As AIG Life is a rapidly growing company, there is scope to be involved in a variety of different work.
- The analyst will be expected to take ownership for their work and continually look for ways to optimise and improve efficiency.
- Study support toward the Actuarial exams will be provided with this role and the analyst will be assigned a mentor to oversee the development of their PPD requirements.
- Assist in the production of quarterly Board and Risk & Capital Committee reports on Solvency II, Risk Appetite and Liquidity and support the Head of Capital & ALM in other reports as required.
- Assist in monitoring of yields, developing capital management strategies, forecasting & analysis of capital requirements.
- Assist in the development of Solvency II and Internal Capital capabilities in particular for new products and regulatory developments. This will include making and testing changes to Solvency II models & providing a clear audit trail of work.
- Analyse movements in capital requirements and report to senior management.
- Analyse strategic asset allocations, sensitivities to market risk, propose risk mitigation actions where necessary
- Support external and internal audits.
Technical Skills and Expertise
- Advanced skills in Excel. Programming skills (e.g. SQL, VBA an advantage).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the UK Life market
- Experience of Solvency II Reporting (preferred but not essential)
- Experience of cash-flow modelling tools (e.g. Mo.Net, Moses, VIP, Prophet)
- Attention to detail and highly organised
- Ability to work well in a team, under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Part qualified actuary - minimum six CT exams or current equivalent
- Experience of working in a life office with experience of, or a strong desire to learn about, Solvency II & ALM
- The role is based in London
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.