Our Actuarial Reporting and Production team has started the search for an Actuarial Analyst. The position can be based out of York, Bristol, London, Norwich or Sheffield.
The team works under a fluid resource model, giving team members a great opportunity to get involved in a variety of work and develop a broad skillset. Team members are each assigned a coach who is focused on their development and supporting them to achieve their potential.
You'll be encouraged to undertake a range of assignments, contributing to timely high-quality delivery of financial results and analysis across the actuarial production, reporting and capital teams. Key aspects of the role include:
Skills & experience we would like to see:
- Delivering tasks assigned by engagement managers and senior colleagues
- Working within required timescales to ensure demands are met, with an awareness of impacts/dependencies on other areas of the business
- Supporting any change activity designed to accelerate team processes or respond to regulatory change e.g. automation, IFRS17
- Reporting monthly on new business results
- Producing financial results and supporting analysis, data and models
- Sharing knowledge and supporting colleagues across the department to deliver assigned tasks and enable the flexible resourcing model
What will you get for this role?
- Newly or nearly qualified Actuary
- Financial or regulatory reporting experience (both IFRS and Solvency II)
- Good communication skills, verbal and written - ability to communicate complex issues simply
- Ability to work independently and on their own initiative and know when to escalate
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Working at Aviva
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions!
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you! We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Just send us an email
once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed
disability, and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By ' minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.