2019 Marketing Undergraduate Summer Internship
At American Express, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. Whether i t's for our Card Members , Small Businesses, Merchants or Large Corporations - our teams work hard every day to support our customers and help build their success. As part of this dynamic organisation, you'll play a vital part in shaping our marketing strategies or driving our sales and pipeline management. And have fun doing it too! So, if you're someone that loves working with others, thrives on a challenge and has a flair for Marketing or Business Development - consider spending your summer here at American Express. Marketing at American Express
For us, Marketing is all about thinking o utside the box. It's capturing, conceptualising and selling those innovative ideas that will make our customers' lives easier. As part of our Marketing Internship, you'll have the opportunity to expand our already diverse Amex network, strengthen our presence in the digital marketplace & shape real life marketing strategies. At the same time, you could be engaging with top creative agencies or some of our most exciting product portfolios and trying to bring them to life with your own ideas. All of this will be done using market and consumer data from previous campaigns. So, if you're someone who can use data effectively and come up with winning strategies, then this internship could be for you. The Summer Internship Programme commences in June 2020 for 10 weeks. It consists of the following components:
What type of work can you expect to do in Marketing and Business Development at American Express ?
- Introduction to American Express through an induction day and training sessions
- Meaningful projects which will have real business impact
- Regular Speaker Series with senior management
- Social and networking events
- Structured performance management process and regular feedback
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the business and its needs
- Use innovative ways to prospect for new customers and improve the customer experience
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
- Research and analyse data to help American Express improve performance and drive growth
- Develop relationships with a variety of internal and external partners
- Lead end-to-end sales or marketing initiatives; develop and implement tests to measure effectiveness
- Track and report sales or marketing performance using a variety of key performance indicators to measure success and better understand the customer
- Share and leverage sales or marketing best practices and provide marketing consultancy to team
• Strong customer focus
• Project management skills
• Ability to conceptualise and sell ideas
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to word independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to problem solve and use data to drive insights
• Demonstrated strategic thought leadership to get resultsQualifications Educational requirements
• Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme (any degree discipline) in your penultimate year of study
• A minimum of 320 UCAS points and a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent Location
London (Victoria) Why American Express
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career
path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it .Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks. Application deadline - 17 th November 2019