2020 Credit and Fraud Risk MBA Summer Internship
A single decision can have many outcomes, and when that decision affects hundreds of thousands of customers and employees, it needs to be the right one. That's where Risk Management comes in.
At American Express, Risk Management forms the backbone of all financial services operations. It affects every aspect of the company globally. Join us this summer, and you'll get to know all the areas of our business - from consumer cards to small-business services, to corporate services, to merchant partners. Plus, you'll work with the industry's top Risk Management teams, developing strategies, leveraging technology and overseeing how relevant news impacts our customers.
Our well-established Summer Internship Programme will provide high-performing MBA students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in projects that have strategic, operational or financial significance to the company. Interns will meet the business and leaders from all levels and have a chance to learn about the culture and values of the organisation as well as network across regions and functions. The Summer Internship Programme commences in June 2020 for 10 weeks. It consists of the following components:
What type of work can you expect to do in Credit and Fraud Risk at American Express?
- Introduction to American Express through an induction day and training sessions
- Meaningful projects which will have real business impact
- Regular Speaker Series with senior management
- Social and networking events
- Structured performance management process and regular feedback
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
- Lead projects with strategic importance and real bottom-line impact through the conceptual, analytical, recommendation and implementation stages
- Design, build and support infrastructures for existing and new business development opportunities
- Partner with Marketing, Technologies, Finance, and Operations to launch strategic initiatives
- Perform business analysis to assess portfolio performance, forecast trends, and develop improvement opportunities
Qualifications Educational requirements
- Strong problem solving and project management skills
- Background in quantitative analysis
- Graduate degree in an analytical field (Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Science)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Influencing skills
- Experience with statistical software or other programming languages (SAS, SQL, C )
- Currently enrolled in an MBA programme with a graduation date between December 2020 and July 2021
London (Victoria) Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career
path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it . Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.