Our well-established Summer Internship Programme will provide high-performing MBA students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in projects that have strategic, operational or financial significance to the company. Interns will meet the business and leaders from all levels and have a chance to learn about the culture and values of the organisation as well as network across regions and functions. The Summer Internship Programme commences in June 2019 for 10 weeks. It consists of the following components:
What type of work can you expect to do in the Strategic Planning Group at American Express?
- Introduction to American Express through an induction day and training sessions
- Meaningful projects which will have real business impact
- Regular Speaker Series with senior management
- Social and networking events
- Structured performance management process and regular feedback
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
- Perform analysis and research to develop insights and solutions to address the highest strategic priorities
- Engage business unit leaders to develop and present implementable solutions, and provide thought partnership and strategic counsel
- Lead a work stream within a project team
- Collaborate with talented teammates to deliver significant and sustainable results
- Participate in various networking events with senior leaders across business units to build a deeper understanding of the company
Qualifications Educational requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to collaborate and be a team player
- Strong problem solving abilities; intellectual curiosity and quantitative aptitude
- Strong professional presence; effective communication and presentation skills
- Desire to inspire change
- Dedication to clients; professional services mind set
- Demonstrates history of career progression
- A track record of results, a passion for people, and an interest in building a long-term career at American Express
- Currently enrolled in an MBA programme with a graduation date between December 2019 and July 2020
Please apply on the website and follow the instructions. In addition to uploading a CV you will need to answer two questions in the cover letter section:
- What are your reasons for applying to American Express?
- What motivates you to join the Strategic Planning Group?
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis for this position. Location
London (Victoria) Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it. Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on email@example.com
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.