- Providing ongoing, informed guidance on growth levers to achieve the defined vision for each market
If you are a bold, strategic thinker, able to convert strategy into clear, actionable tactics, consider interning this summer with American Express. Our well-established Summer Internship Programme will provide high-performing MBA students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in projects that have strategic, operational or financial significance to the company. Interns will meet the business and leaders from all levels and have a chance to learn about the culture and values of the organisation as well as network across regions and functions. The Summer Internship Programme commences in June 2018 for 10 weeks. It consists of the following components:
What type of work can you expect to do in International Growth Optimisation at American Express?
- Introduction to American Express through an induction day and training sessions
- Meaningful projects which will have real business impact
- Regular Speaker Series with senior management
- Social and networking events
- Structured performance management process and regular feedback
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
- Develop innovative, profitable, customer-centric business growth strategies across multiple global markets
- Create enhanced value for customers through business model optimization and innovation
- Develop cost-benefit analyses to determine feasibility of new opportunities
- Conduct robust external market analysis across the technology-commerce-marketing spectrum to determine best-in-class benchmarks and identify opportunities to power future growth
Qualifications Educational requirements
- Strong customer focus and superior project management skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills necessary to build strong internal and external relationships
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including to senior stakeholders
- Results-oriented team player and individual contributor
- Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills
- Demonstrated strategic thought leadership to drive results
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work across multiple markets
- Currently enrolled in an MBA programme with a graduation date between December 2018 and July 2019
London (Victoria) Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career
path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it . Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.