NHS England’s DAWN works in partnership with the organisation, disability networks across the NHS and other areas to create a safe, inclusive and diverse working environment that encourages respect and equality for all. The NHS England DAWN network believes that, in order for every individual to reach their full potential, there must be no fear of discrimination or disrespect and there must be an aim of positive understanding between all staff networks.
Membership of the NHS England DAWN is open to all NHS England staff who have a disability or long term condition (LTC) or who are interested in health and wellbeing at work and want to drive forward disability equality as an employer.
The role of the Executive Committee will be to manage the network, encourage members to get involved and liaise with NHS England and other partners.
Our aims are to:
- act as an disability champion
- work in partnership with NHS England
- raise awareness of disability and LTC staff issues within NHS England
- be a safe point of contact for disabled staff within NHS England
- actively influence NHS England policies and strategies that will or may impact on disabled patients
- support the recruitment of people with disabilities and developing positive work experiences within NHS England
- organise activities and events for disabled staff employed by NHS England
- communicate regularly with NHS England’s disabled workforce
- engage with union representatives and disability groups, regional disability networks and work closely with the other NHS England staff networks