Welcome to VERCIDA website.Skip to main content
At Bain, we realize that gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer (GLBTQ) employees have unique needs. That's why we created BGLAD, the GLBTQ Network at Bain and Bridgespan, almost two decades ago.
BGLAD's mission is to support the recruitment and retention of top GLBTQ talent at Bain and at the Bridgespan Group, our sister nonprofit consulting firm.
Accordingly, BGLAD provides:
• A strong and unified diversity message throughout the recruiting process
• An open communications channel with Bain leadership to advise them on GLBTQ policies and ensure an inclusive work environment
• Overall awareness of GLBTQ issues across our global organization
Bain's GLBTQ—related policies have created a culture of acceptance that's winning outside recognition. For nearly two decades at Bain (and at Bridgespan since its inception), we have had a written non-discrimination policy that provides GLBTQ employees with the opportunity to work as openly and "out" as they feel comfortable.
In 2007, the Human Rights Campaign awarded a perfect score in its Corporate Equality Index to Bain and The Bridgespan Group. We were among the first consulting firms ever to receive this distinction, and have obtained a perfect score ever since. The firm is also rated first in Vault's GLBTQ diversity ranking.
In the United States, Bain is the first global consulting firm to offer reimbursement to same sex couples for federal taxes levied on domestic partner health benefits. Bain is also a sponsor of the Uniting American Families Act in the US, which seeks to stop the deportation of bi-national same sex couples. We've also done valuable work directly with the GLBTQ community, including projects for the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, Immigration Equality and the San Francisco AIDS Foundation. In short, we have made great strides toward making Bain and Bridgespan the very best places to work—for everyone.
BGLAD offers four levels of membership in order to accommodate all employees at whatever their comfort level to be out in the workplace:
• Level 1 – Completely open at out
• Level 2 – Out only to Level 1-3 members
• Level 3 – Out only to BGLAD Administrator
• Level 4 – Straight allies
BGLAD facilitates regular informal communication and mentoring among its members in Bain and The Bridgespan Group.
• Hosts a bi-annual global summit, an offsite planning meeting that provides opportunities to network with BGLAD members worldwide
• Hosts events within local office branches, including group outings, office-wide receptions, and speaker luncheons
• Publishes two quarterly newsletters, one for Levels 1-3 and one for Level 4
• Coordinates global Level 4 engagement program that includes trainings, open discussions, and volunteer opportunities
• Provides an opportunity to match a BGLAD member with a BGLAD mentor • Recruits GLBTQ talent, hosting receptions at top schools
• Coordinates Bain's recurring sponsorship of "Out for Undergraduate Business Conference" and "Reaching Out MBA," the annual conferences of GLBTQ undergraduate and business school students, respectively
BGLAD is dedicated to supporting prospective GLBTQ talent throughout the recruiting process. While Bain's culture of acceptance and warmth toward diversity is already a given, we understand that the decision to join any firm can ultimately depend on making sure that the people and the culture are the right fit for you. That's why we at BGLAD want to take every opportunity to make sure that GLBTQ applicants feel not only comfortable and reassured about being out during the recruiting process, but also excited about contributing to BGLAD's enduring presence at Bain.