Are you doing enough to change culture and behaviour in your organisation?
A gender-balanced and inclusive leadership conference aimed at mid-level managers / line-managers.
EVENT: Wednesday 10th June 2015
LOCATION: BNP PARIBAS, 5 ALDERMANBURY SQUARE, LONDON EC2V 7HR
INCLUDED ON THE DAYWelcome:
Vinay Kapoor, UK Head of Diversity & Inclusion
for BNP Paribas
KEYNOTE FOLLOWED BY PANEL DISCUSSION
Opening speaker: Dame Fiona Woolf
Why is inclusive leadership important?
Recent key findings. Being an authentic leader.
Latest thinking on leadership to engage talent and support business growth in a VUCA business environment (Work trends and changing demographics).
BREAK OUT SESSIONS:TWO INTERACTIVE MASTERCLASSES
Delegates choose from our masterclasses
Tools to take back to the workplace and improve managers as leaders through coaching.
(please see Masterclass options below)
(choose of 2 breakout sessions)
Each delegate has the opportunity to attend two 60-minute masterclasses focused on developing their inclusive leadership capability.BEING A MENTOR
• Understand the role of the mentor and mentee
• Best practice on contracting and agreeing objectives and ways of working
• Mentoring best practice with support around the techniques and skills to develop ability
MAKING LASTING IMPRESSIONS
• Understand the research behind developing a personal brand strategy to maximise career success and personal impact
• Develop a clear strategy for managing your personal brand and support others in developing their personal brand
• Understand techniques and tools to increase personal presence and ability to elevate the voice of others who are different from you
• Understanding how to manage difference
• Develop tools and techniques to create inclusive teams
• Develop a plan for leveraging diverse teams
VALUES BASED TEAM COACHING
• Understand the principles of values based coaching
• Develop your capability to coach to motivate and get the best from your team
• Consider areas in the business where these skills can be utilised to support engagement
MAKING CONFLICTS WORK
• Understand the different ways we prefer to manage conflict
• Develop a conflict resolution strategy to gain commitment to ideas when leveraging a diverse team
• Build a coping strategy for managing tensions and achieving a win/win
(Diversity & Inclusion / gender balance - small group)
80 mins (stepsdrama.com)
Understanding your personal biases, both conscious and unconscious – interactive group session to understand the impact of your thinking style through drama.
LISTENING TO YOUR WORKFORCE
Small group discussions
What makes a good leader? Focus groups of 25 delegates and panelists from different strands of diversity from different organisations.
INSPIRATIONAL FIRESIDE CHAT WITH BOARD & SENIOR MANAGEMENT FROM YOUR COMPANY 40 mins
Inclusion starts at board level - inspirational speakers are invited to tell their story and give tips on leadership.