Diversity & Inclusion
The CAA is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. It is our policy to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of any protected characteristic.
In respect of recruitment, career progression and development, the CAA will ensure that no requirement or condition will be imposed without justification that could disadvantage an individual on any of the above grounds. Wherever possible, efforts will be made to identify and remove unnecessary or unjustifiable barriers and provide appropriate facilities and employment conditions to meet the needs of any underrepresented groups.
We are committed to the implementation of this policy and to a programme of action to ensure that the policy is, and continues to be, fully effective. We will regularly review supporting policies, procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits. All employees are required to attend equality and diversity awareness training.
The CAA recognises the positive contribution that individual differences can bring and how these factors will support the CAA’s stated Mission and Values, in particular:
- Maintaining and developing excellence in people.
- Working together effectively, internally and externally.
- Developing and empowering staff, and valuing their contribution.
- Continuously improving performance and processes.
The CAA’s commitment to taking action to embed equality and diversity into the organisation is relevant to all that we do and we will:
- Understand, value and welcome equality and diversity in our workforce.
- Ensure that all relevant policies reflect our commitment to action.
- Promote positive behaviours by treating people with respect, consideration and without prejudice.
- Support the use of flexible working patterns wherever possible to enable employees to balance work and home responsibilities.