Welcome to VERCIDA website.
Skip to main content
The Disability Confident scheme aims to help you successfully employ and retain disabled people and those with health conditions.
Being Disability Confident is a unique opportunity to lead the way in your community, and you might just discover someone your business can’t do without.
It was developed by employers and disabled people’s representatives to make it rigorous but easily accessible - particularly for smaller businesses.
The scheme is voluntary and access to the guidance, self-assessments and resources is completely free.
- Providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process:
- identify and address any barriers that may prevent or deter disabled people from applying for jobs, including where you advertise, the words you use and how people can apply
- make sure online or offline processes are fully accessible. For example provide a named contact, telephone number and email for applicants to request support or ask questions
- get your recruitment process tested by disabled people and if there is a barrier either remove it or provide an alternative way to apply
- provide a short but accurate job description that clearly sets out what the jobholder will be required to achieve, accepting there are different ways to achieve the same objective
- make sure you make all documentation available in different formats if required (written and on line) accept job applications in a variety of formats
- make sure people involved in the recruitment process are Disability Confident and know how to support disabled applicants
More companies awarded with Disability Confident Employer
8 open positions right now
4 open positions right now