Welcome to VERCIDA website.Skip to main content
Category: Career Experts, career, resume, interview question
Getting ready to blast your résumé into the black hole of cyberspace? Wonder if your résumé will get noticed? Wonder if anyone, anyone will pay any attention to your story?
Here are five very specific questions to ask yourself before you send your résumé to anyone – whether it’s your Mama, your BFF, your lawyer or a prospective employer:
1. Will the reader know within one second your pertinent contact information?
2. Will the reader know within one second what you want to do occupationally?
3. Will the reader know within three seconds why you are a strong contender for the job?
4. Do you love your existing résumé?
5. Is your résumé visually appealing?
If you answered “yes” to the five questions stated above, you are good to go. However, if you cannot answer a definitive “yes” to these five basic questions, back to the drawing board for further revision of your résumé.
In short, make it easy for the hiring manager to connect with your presentation. The easier you make it for readers to grasp you and your story within seconds, the likelier it is you will achieve the results you desire.