Welcome to VERCIDA website.Skip to main content
Category: Awards, Employee, vision, enhance, committed, differences, gender ethnicity
Lendlease are a leading international property and infrastructure group whose vision is to create the best places; places that enthuse and enhance the lives of people around the world. Lendlease are committed to embracing employee differences, including age, gender, ethnicity, physical appearance, physical or mental disabilities, values, lifestyle, religion, sexual orientation and identity, nationality, education, family responsibilities and military or veteran status, and recognising the benefits that diversity brings to maximise corporate goals.
The Construction News Awards have become the most prestigious and coveted awards in the construction sector and feature 21 different categories ranging from diversity and training initiatives to projects and sustainability. Winning a Construction News Award is a renowned badge of distinction amongst clients and peers.
Lendlease have been shortlisted for the following 7 awards at this year’s Construction News Awards:
· Best Residential Developer
· BIM Excellence
· Contractor of the Year
· Diversity Champion of the Year
· Health & Safety Excellence
· Project of the Year (over £50m)
· Sustainable Contractor of the Year
The Diversity Champion of the Year award is to recognise industry leading performance on diversity in 2017, where a contractor is making specific efforts to develop an inclusive culture that permeates the workforce. Entries needs to demonstrate the business’s attempts to foster a more diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees, and describe how this is helping to attract and retain talent. It could include internal company initiatives, customer-facing CSR programmes, or work to promote a wide range of construction careers to appeal to different people. Judges of this award look for evidence of:
· Positive leadership that filters down to all levels, with positive role models within the business
· Staff engagement and a desire to improve company culture. The setting of diversity goals, and progress towards them
· Efforts to promote diversity in the supply chain and wider industry
· Breadth of diversity programme
· Any other stand-out performance that particularly merits this award –the ‘wow’ factor
VERCIDA works with over one hundred clients who are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. If you are an employer and interested in working with VERCIDA to promote your diversity and inclusion initiatives and attract the best candidates, please call 02037405973 or email [email protected] for more information.
We are also officially recommended by Disability Confident as a step on achieving Employer status, please click here for more information.