International Women's Day (IWD) on March 8th is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity. With The World Economic Forum predicting that the gender gap won’t close entirely until 2186, International Women’s Day can be a vital catalyst and vehicle for driving greater change for women and moving closer to gender parity.
The campaign theme for this year’s International Women’s Day is #BeBoldForChange. People are being asked to call on the masses or themselves to help build a better working world, a more gender inclusive world and help to close the gender gap in less than the 170 years predicted. People are encouraged to take bold action in a variety of areas:
· By challenging bias and inequality
· By campaigning against violence
· By forging women’s advancement
· By celebrating women’s achievement
· By championing women’s education
The campaign lists many ways in which you can take bold action withing these areas, such as questioning all male shortlists to challenge bias and inequality, or supporting women inventors of new products and services to champion women’s education.
Every person - women, men and non-binary people - can play a part in helping drive better outcomes for women. International Women’s Day is an opportunity to:
· celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women because visibility and awareness help drive positive change for women.
· declare bold actions you'll take as an individual or organization to help progress the gender agenda because purposeful action can accelerate gender parity across the world.
Here is a list of ways you can show you are bold for change this International Women’s Day:
1. Run your own #BeBoldForChange IWD campaign within your own organization to influence how quickly gender parity is achieved.
2. Host a #BeBoldForChange IWD event and invite speakers to explain that exact moment when they themselves took bold action to help improve or develop an aspect of their own livelihood, career or business - or that of another woman's, or women's status overall.
3. Social Share your support
4. Secure executive statements of support
5. Download the IWD logo
6. Embed the #BeBoldForChange widget
7. Access gender diversity resources from leading organisations
8. Fundraising on IWD
9. Submit coverage of your IWD activity
VERCIDA works with over one hundred clients who are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. If you are an employer and interested in working with VERCIDA to promote your diversity and inclusion initiatives and attract the best candidates, please call 02037405973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We are also officially recommended by Disability Confident as a step on achieving Employer status, please click here for more information.