Top 10 reasons why you should work with Barratt Developments
Category: Barratt Development
Barratt Developments are proud to be the nation's largest housebuilder and they value everyone for who they are and the unique contribution they bring to customers, colleagues and the communities they create. They are committed to “Building without Barriers”. If you're not already convinced, here are 10 reasons why you should work with Barratt Developments.
1) Celebrating inclusivity - Barratt Developments seek to provide opportunities for all employees - regardless of background, gender, race, disability or sexuality. In fact, they pride themselves on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages everyone to thrive. They have recently won several awards for their work in the field of diversity and inclusion.
2) Development opportunities - Barratt Developments provide employees with regular opportunities to develop professionally. An example of this is their inclusive leadership courses which aim to generate a more inclusive workplace and “Catalyst”, their future female leadership development programme.
3) Support for armed forces - Many ex-veterans struggle to find work after completing their service. Barratt Developments aims to help resolve this issue by actively encouraging applications from and hiring ex-members of the armed forces, valuing the broad range of skills they possess.
4) Flexible working - Barratt Developments operates with both their customers and employees in mind - and understand that everybody has a different schedule and different responsibilities they must cater to outside of the workplace and so support flexible working,
5) Employee Assistance Programme - Barratt Developments launched the Employee Assistance Programme to reach out to employees undergoing hardships in their personal and professional lives. The programme provides a safe space for employees to express their problems or concerns and often includes counselling or mentoring to further support them.
6) Built by Both Scheme - Barratt Developments launched the Built By Both Scheme in 2016, to provide employees with the opportunity to network with other members of the industry whilst also encouraging women to pursue careers in the housebuilding sector.
7) LGBT+ initiatives - Barratt Developments operate with a keen desire to support the LGBT community both inside and outside of the workplace. They are proud to be a Stonewall Diversity Champion and have supported various PRIDE events throughout the country by sponsoring local events and displaying rainbow flags.
8) Supporting those with disabilities – Barratt Developments are committed to ensuring there are opportunities for disabled people. Whether this be through paid work placements in schemes such as the Leonard Cheshire Change 100 scheme or donating to their chosen group charity, the RBLI. Barratt Developments have also recently worked with a charity called Whizz Kids, a charity that supports children and young people with vital mobility equipment and life journey services by getting their input into the design process.
9) Building lifelong careers - Barratt Developments are keen to support younger employees through the first steps in their career and beyond - offering both undergraduate and graduate internships, alongside apprentice and trainee schemes for those outside of formal education. They also offer a foundation degree qualification with Sheffield Hallam University that prepares students for the industry.
10) Working with top quality brands - Barratt Developments are proud to work alongside top brands such as Barratt Homes, David Wilson Homes, Ward Homes and Barratt London. Working with Barratt Developments allows employees to be a part of a company that is routinely celebrated for its work.
Are you ready for an exciting role at Barratt Development? Have a look through available roles in the VERCIDA directory.
VERCIDA works with over one hundred clients who are committed to creating an inclusive work
environment. If you are an employer and interested in working with VERCIDA to promote your
diversity and inclusion initiatives and attract the best candidates, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Did you know that users who have filled in their profile details are 42 times more likely to get matched with the right employer?
Help us find the best workplace for you by sharing more about yourself.
We will never disclose your information with others.
This week we start the delivery of our Building without Barriers Inclusive Leader Workshops. We are delighted that around 400 of our middle managers will attend these workshops in the coming 3 months....
Barratt Developments: Pride in the job quality awards
Barratt Developments site managers have won 79 awards at the 2016 NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards.
The total of 79 awards is far and away more than any other housebuilder, the 12th year in a row...
Barratt has been rated as 5 star by Home Builders Federation
Barratt Developments has been rated as 5 star by the Home Builders Federation, in its annual customer satisfaction survey.
This is now the seventh year in a row that Barratt has achieved the maximum...
Barratt Developments is set to create more apprenticeship opportunities throughout the year, with the launch of its 2016 apprenticeship programme.
The programme, which will see the leading housebuild...