Welcome to VERCIDA website.Skip to main content
Category: Barratt Development
2) Development opportunities - Barratt Developments provide employees with regular opportunities to develop professionally. An example of this is their inclusive leadership courses which aim to generate a more inclusive workplace and “Catalyst”, their future female leadership development programme.
3) Support for armed forces - Many ex-veterans struggle to find work after completing their service. Barratt Developments aims to help resolve this issue by actively encouraging applications from and hiring ex-members of the armed forces, valuing the broad range of skills they possess.
4) Flexible working - Barratt Developments operates with both their customers and employees in mind - and understand that everybody has a different schedule and different responsibilities they must cater to outside of the workplace and so support flexible working,
5) Employee Assistance Programme - Barratt Developments launched the Employee Assistance Programme to reach out to employees undergoing hardships in their personal and professional lives. The programme provides a safe space for employees to express their problems or concerns and often includes counselling or mentoring to further support them.
6) Built by Both Scheme - Barratt Developments launched the Built By Both Scheme in 2016, to provide employees with the opportunity to network with other members of the industry whilst also encouraging women to pursue careers in the housebuilding sector.
7) LGBT+ initiatives - Barratt Developments operate with a keen desire to support the LGBT community both inside and outside of the workplace. They are proud to be a Stonewall Diversity Champion and have supported various PRIDE events throughout the country by sponsoring local events and displaying rainbow flags.
8) Supporting those with disabilities – Barratt Developments are committed to ensuring there are opportunities for disabled people. Whether this be through paid work placements in schemes such as the Leonard Cheshire Change 100 scheme or donating to their chosen group charity, the RBLI. Barratt Developments have also recently worked with a charity called Whizz Kids, a charity that supports children and young people with vital mobility equipment and life journey services by getting their input into the design process.
9) Building lifelong careers - Barratt Developments are keen to support younger employees through the first steps in their career and beyond - offering both undergraduate and graduate internships, alongside apprentice and trainee schemes for those outside of formal education. They also offer a foundation degree qualification with Sheffield Hallam University that prepares students for the industry.
10) Working with top quality brands - Barratt Developments are proud to work alongside top brands such as Barratt Homes, David Wilson Homes, Ward Homes and Barratt London. Working with Barratt Developments allows employees to be a part of a company that is routinely celebrated for its work.
Are you ready for an exciting role at Barratt Development? Have a look through available roles in the VERCIDA directory.